User can create and manipulate illusions, causing people to see, hear, touch, smell and/or taste things which do not actually exist or cause them to perceive things differently from what they truly are. Some users can create complex and detailed worlds, others may be able to only alter the way they or the target are perceived.
- Afterimage Creation
- Death by Illusion: If the illusion is powerful enough, it can literally convince the brain to copy anything that happens to the victim within the illusion, making it possible to kill the target with illusions.
- Illusion of Death: Target thinks they are being killed over and over again. This may lead to insanity.
- Decoy Creation
- Holographic Projection: Users of Light Manipulation can create illusions out of pure light.
- Illusive Appearance: Most users who are not exactly combat savvy would use their ability as a defense mechanism to camouflage themselves, and even alter their physical appearance to look like someone or something else.
- Mazes: Users display large walls.
- Pain Illusion
- Phobia Exploitation: Targets experience their worst fears.
- Sensory Overload: Targets are forced with overlapping visions, causing several negative symptoms.
- Torment Inducement
- Bottomless Pit Creation
- Illusion Physiology
- Illusion Transformation
- Illusory Combat
- Time Perception Manipulation
- Some users are limited to creating illusions that affect only certain senses, sight being the most common as a result people with Enhanced Senses might be able to see through it.
- Some users might have to limit the amount of mental powers to control the illusion.
- Some targets might be immune, mainly those who either have this ability as well or other mental ability.
- User may be unable to create accurate illusions, such as making things that don't exist or situations that would never happen in a million years. One common mistake is misplacing a feature on a person, or forgetting to add shadows to their forms.
- Illusion Awareness
- Psychic Shield
- People with Danger Sense may be able to distinguish a fake illusion by telling which one is really a threat.
Mastermind/Jason Wyngarde (Marvel Comics)
Lady Mastermind/Regan Wyngard (Marvel Comics)
Mastermind/Martinique Jason (Marvel Comics)
Professor X (Marvel Comics)
Mysterio (Marvel); via technology
Spellbinder (Batman Beyond)